Illinois Insurance Adjuster Licensing
Illinois does not license insurance adjusters. For Illinois residents wanting to become a licensed independent adjuster, a nonresident Designated Home State (DHS) License can be obtained from Texas. We have the courses you need to fulfill your licensing requirements.
Applicable Training Courses
The Texas All-Lines Pre-Licensing Course will prepare you to become licensed in Texas and all the states that offer reciprocity. Click here to learn more and register for this course.
Q. What Should I Do To Become an Illinois Insurance Adjuster?
A. Get a Texas All-Lines Insurance Adjusters License with Texas as your “Designated Home State”. Since there is no such thing as a Illinois Insurance Adjuster License, you should get a license in a state such as Texas that allows you to get a “Designated Home State” license if you are from a state that offers no licensing.
Q. How do I become licensed in the state of Texas?
A. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Complete the Texas All-Lines Pre-Licensing Class
- Get fingerprints to submit with your application.
- Complete the Texas application choosing Texas as your “Designated Home State”.
- Submit the application to state with:
- State Fee: $50
- Class Completion Certificate from our online course
- Fingerprint Receipt
- Completed Application (See How To Fill Out License Application)
Q. How do I contact the Illinois Department of Insurance?
A. Their contact info is as follows:
- By Mail: Illinois Department of Insurance, 122 S. Michigan Ave., 19th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603
- By Phone: 312-814-2420
- By Email: DOI.InfoDesk@illinois.gov
- Online: https://insurance.illinois.gov/
Being a Licensed Insurance Adjuster in Illinois
According to the statistics at Indeed.com, “The average salary for a Claims Adjuster is $56,514 per year in Illinois, which is 6% above the national average.” Salaries reported in the past 36 months range from $40,000 to $80,000 per year. This will only increase with experience, multi-state licensing, and the ability to work deployments across the country.
2021 Training: Your License to Succeed
2021 Training teaches you everything you need to know about insurance adjusting, from ethics and caseload management to Xactimate software – at home, in your spare time. Call us today to learn more about the Texas All-Lines Insurance Adjuster License and adjusting claims in Texas, Illinois, and all across the USA!